We build hearts
A CURE IS IN THE WORKS
HeartWorks was created in June 2020 to advance the product development pioneered by the Todd and Karen Wanek Family Program for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS), founded at Mayo Clinic in 2010.
HeartWorks has designed a first-of-its-kind platform that brings together physicians, scientists, and engineers to find and develop treatments for the most severe forms of congenital heart defects (CHD) to further advance research in genetics, stem cell biology, clinical trials, and cell-based manufacturing.
We get treatments out of the lab and into clinical trials to be conducted simultaneously in collaboration with a consortium of world-class medical institutions. Our vision is that our therapies will become a cure so children and adults born with CHD will no longer have to live with CHD.
Our vision is to end CHD with a cure so people no longer have to live with it until an eventual transplant. The HeartWorks model accelerates ideas into action. Our platform is revolutionary and proven. We assemble the brightest scientists, researchers, and manufacturers to find, develop, test, and launch the most advanced treatments for CHD so children and adults have the opportunity to live full, enriching lives.
1. We partner across an ecosystem of medical experts, institutional collaborators, and activated communities to facilitate the best ideas.
2. We connect physicians, scientists, researchers, and manufacturing teams and empower them to find and develop the most advanced and promising products and technologies.
3. We advance the technology and science out of the lab and into clinical research.
4. We invite families and patients to participate in trials to determine what technologies work the best.
5. We deliver transformative treatments that change the lives of people affected by CHD.